A recipe to give mom a special breakfast on her special day.
Have you thought about what to do for that special mom in your life? Making reservations at a restaurant is very nice and easy. But putting some meaning into Mother’s Day will be greatly appreciated by your mom or grandma by cooking something for them.
I know many moms that would love a nice breakfast or brunch meal. Some of my suggestions are pancakes, eggs or even a bowl of cereal. Remember, it’s the thought that counts. Here’s an easy, tasty recipe that you can make for your favorite mom. Just ask your dad or another grownup for help with the oven.
Banana Muffins (makes 12 or can be doubled)
- 3 bananas-mashed (try to use very ripe ones)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup raisins or Craisins (optional)
- ground cinnamon
1. Use a large bowl and mix up bananas, eggs, and honey
2. Add baking soda and salt
3. Blend mixture and put in oats
4. Stir and add raisins or craisins if desired
5. Mix up and scoop spoonfuls into cupcake papers in pan
6. Fill up each spot 3/4 of the way
7. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden
8. Let cool and enjoy as a part of your Mother’s Day brunch
Oats have fiber and also have been shown to lower your cholesterol levels. Enjoy these healthy muffin treats with your family. Don’t forget to pamper your mom on Sunday, May 8. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms from a fellow mom!